Registration for spring and summer classes begins on Monday, October 30th.  It is very important that you review the following registration information.  You should also visit the Registration Information section of the Registrar’s Office website to view class schedules and other useful registration information.  Please note that room assignments, if made already, are subject to change.
Registration Personal Identification Numbers (PIN)
All degree-seeking undergraduate students will need to obtain a registration personal identification number (PIN) from their faculty advisor or college advising center.  A registration PIN is needed in order to register for classes.  If your advisor or advising center does not have your registration PIN, please have them contact the Registrar’s Office.  You will use the same PIN for spring and summer registration.
***Graduate Students do not need a registration PIN to register for classes.
Registration Start Times
Individual registration start times for all students are currently displayed in the Course Registration portlet on the Academics page in the MyRU portal.  Undergraduate student registration start times are prioritized according to student classification, e.g., seniors begin before juniors, juniors begin before sophomores, etc.  Be sure to check your registration times immediately and make your advising appointments as soon as you can.  For more on how undergraduate registration start times were assigned, click here.

Priority Registration for Active Duty Service members and Veterans
To accommodate the scheduling difficulties and obligations encountered by active duty members of the United States Armed Forces, the Office of the Registrar will give priority registration to students on active duty, veterans, and dependent of veterans.  Click here for details.

Temporary Major Restrictions and Registration Overloads
Temporary major restrictions on select courses will be removed on Monday, November 13th.  Also, students with approved overloads may begin registering for more than 18 credit hours on Monday, November 13th.

***Graduate Students do not have priority registration.  All graduate students can begin registering at 7:00 a.m. on October 30th, and registration will remain open until 4:00 p.m. on January 30th 
Registration Resources and Holds
Also included in the Course Registration portlet is a Registration Resources link.  That link takes you to the Registration menu where you will have the ability to view your registration status, your detailed or concise class schedule, your week-at-a-glance, textbook information, and more.  We strongly recommend that you check your registration status well in advance of your registration start time; particularly to be sure that you do not have any holds that will prevent you from registering.  
How to Register for Classes
When it is your time to register, click on the “REGISTER NOW” button in your Course Registration portlet.  When you click that button, you will be taken to the Registration menu, with links that will allow you to add/drop classes, look up classes, view your registration history, and more.  
Course Override Process
Only department chairs and school directors in individual departments or schools have the authority to override a prerequisite requirement, a course capacity limit, or a time conflict with another course.  That override is given electronically through our student information system.  Once that override has been placed on your record, you must register for the course online in the same way that you register for any other course.  You can see overrides in your Registration Status, which is found in the Registration Menu described above.  Please note, if you obtain a course capacity override, the course will still appear as closed in the registration schedule.  To add the course, simply enter the CRN directly in the registration screen.

Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs
Access Undergraduate Catalogs here and Graduate Catalogs here.  Catalogs prior to the 2012-2013 academic year can be found here.  If you do not know your catalog year, you can access it in your DegreeWorks degree audit or by contacting the Registrar’s Office—540-831-5271.

Degree Audit (DegreeWorks)
Undergraduate students can access their degree audits (DegreeWorks) in the Academic Tools portlet on the Academics page of the MyRU portal.  Please report any errors or problems with your degree audit to the Registrar’s Office.  
Registration Help
If you are having any difficulty at all while registering for your classes you can find help by:
1.     Visiting the Registration Information page on the Registrar’s Office website.
2.     Calling the Registrar’s Office at 540-831-5271.
3.     Visiting the Registrar’s Office on the main floor of Heth Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.