Transfer Information

Policy on Transfer Credits
To encourage the transfer of students from the Virginia Community College system to Radford University, the State Policy on Transfer has been embraced by Radford University effective Fall 1993. Students admitted to Radford who have earned an appropriate Associate Degree from a Virginia Community College based on a baccalaureate-oriented sequence of courses, will be considered to have satisfied Radford's Core Curriculum requirements. The transfer degrees accepted as satisfying Core Curriculum at Radford University are the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and the Associate of Arts and Science.

Transfer students must have at least an overall 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade point average on all work attempted to be considered for admission. Only courses passed with a grade of “C” or higher will be considered for transfer credit. Grades of “C-” or lower are not accepted. Radford University does not give transfer credit for courses taken as Pass/Fail. No fewer than 45 semester hours must be taken at Radford University to be eligible for graduation. A minimum of 30 of the last 39 hours of credit required for a degree must be taken at Radford University. At least 50 percent of the semester hours required for a major or minor must be taken at Radford University. A minimum of 120 semester hours are required for graduation.

Transcripts to be evaluated for transfer credit for new or prospective students who have applied for admission to Radford University should be sent to the Admission's Office. Questions may be directed to that office at (540) 831-5371 or

Transcripts to be evaluated for transfer credit for continuing students should be sent to the Registrar's Office.

All transfer credit evaluations are performed by the Registrar's Office.  Questions concerning transfer credit evaluations may be directed to our office at (540) 831-5271 or

For information concerning specific courses that transfer to Radford University from the Virginia community college system, the Virginia Community College Transfer Guide (PDF) is available to view online.

Virginia community college students completing the TRANSFER MODULE will receive credit toward the completion of Radford's Core Curriculum requirements. Only courses in which a grade of "C or above" earned will be considered for transfer credit.  Courses with grades of "C- or below" earned will not transfer to Radford University.