In recent years, the Esports industry has shown significant growth in both value and popularity. Radford University is committed to providing its students the opportunity to engage with the technology, information, and people that make up the Esports ecosystem.
The goal of Radford’s Esports program is to provide experiential learning opportunities that can be supported by academic studies. Our students will graduate with developed hard skills that the industry is demanding. These range from coaching, tournament organization, media creation, brand development, competitive play, and event management.
The Esports Center
Located on Radford's main campus, the Esports center is a 1800 sq. foot facility designed to accommodate any Esports or gaming need from the educational to the competitive.
- Cook Hall 132
PCs: Alienware Aurora R13
- GPU- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X
- CPU- 12th Gen Intel Core i9 12900KF
- Memory- 32GB Dual Channel DDR5
- Storage- 2TB SSD
- Monitor- 25in, 240Hz, 1ms, G-SYNC/Free Sync Compatible
- Keyboard- Alienware Mechanical
- Mouse- Alienware Gaming
- Headset- Alienware 7.1 Dark Side of the Moon
- Nintendo Switch OLED
- *PlayStation 5
- *Xbox X Series
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- NBA 2k
For more information contact the Assistant Director for Esports.