- REAL Assessment Guide [Word]
- REAL Assessment Proposal - Foundational Math [Word]
- REAL Assessment Proposal - Foundational Writing [Word]
- REAL Assessment Proposal - Programs Using Campus Wide REAL Assessment [Word]
- REAL Assessment Proposal - Programs Building Their Own Assessment [Word]
- REAL Assessment Proposal - Programs Examples [Word]
- REAL Assessment Proposal - Writing Intensive [Word]
General education develops capacity in important student learning areas. The REAL Curriculum documents how students develop these competencies within foundational courses and in majors, minors, and certificates. Writing intensive courses and personal/professional development requirements allow students to hone additional skills. General Education assessment offers faculty and departments opportunities to demonstrate the REAL Curriculum’s value and success to students. Many campus resources are available to assist with the REAL assessment process. The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Quality Improvement and dozens of faculty across campus working in general education are available to support departments as they develop assessment plans for majors, minors, and/or certificates.
Links to the REAL Assessment Guide, detailed assessment plan proposal templates, and sample assessment plan proposal are below.