Radford University Board of Visitors to Consider 2021-2022 Tuition and Fees
Radford University Board of Visitors will consider tuition and mandatory fees rates for the 2021-2022 academic year at their upcoming quarterly meeting on April 22-23, 2021.
In preparation for the meeting, the Board of Visitors will host a budget overview and public comment session on April 5, 2021 from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Davis Performance Hall in the Covington Center for Visual and Performing Arts.
During this session, Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer Chad A. Reed will present the proposed 2021-2022 financial overview. Following the presentation, the Board of Visitors will receive public comment on the proposed tuition and fees rates.
The Board of Visitors will consider an increase between zero percent and six percent in both tuition and mandatory fees for undergraduate students. Radford University has maintained a strong commitment to the Highlander educational experience remaining accessible and affordable for students and their families now and into the future. Radford University remains one of the lowest total cost public institutions in Virginia and has frozen tuition for Virginia students over the last two years. Several factors will determine the final increase, including: the final budget for the Commonwealth of Virginia and specific allocations to support Radford University and Radford University Carilion, as well as student service initiatives contained in the University’s 2018-2023 Strategic Plan, Embracing the Tradition and Envisioning the Future, rising operational costs and any state-mandated compensation increases.
Anyone interested in the opportunity to provide public comment, please see the following.
- The public can sign up to speak at the Public Comment Session by emailing email@example.com until noon on Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Each speaker is limited to three minutes and must restrict their comments to tuition and fees only. A written copy of the comments is requested, but not required.
- Anyone who has not signed up to speak by the deadline may sign-in at the Public Comment Session. If time permits, they will be given an opportunity to speak.
- During the Public Comment Session, Board members will not provide comment, feedback or answer questions; however, every comment will be heard and considered.
- Written comments may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org until 5 p.m. on April 20, 2021.
- Copies of the public comments will be provided to all Board members for review prior to any decision regarding tuition and fees.
- All COVID-19 requirements and protocols will be observed, including face masks, physical distancing and room capacity.
- Please call 540-831-5426 with any questions about the process.
The Business Affairs and Audit Committee will meet on April 22, 2021 at 12:30 p.m. and the Board of Visitors meeting will begin at 9 a.m. on April 23, 2021. Both meetings will be held in the Covington Center for Visual and Performing Arts.
Radford University is providing notice of the Board of Visitors’ consideration of tuition and mandatory fees rates for the 2021-2022 academic year and the opportunity for public comment in accordance with Code of Virginia §23.1-307. D. and E.