The Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) program at Radford University Carilion is a post-professional terminal degree designed for currently practicing occupational therapists with interests in becoming educators, clinical leaders, program developers, or clinical researchers. The program is offered online, which allows the student flexibility in meeting both their professional and academic goals.
Why Study Occupational Therapy at Radford?
- Our hybrid delivery model allows a student to continue to work full-time or part-time as an OTA
- Online learning instruction allows for flexibility for the working professionals and ease to bridge becoming an occupational therapist
- Our Doctor of Occupational Therapy program offers the opportunity for mentoring and tailored coursework in your chosen practice specialty, through working with faculty experts in multiple practice areas allowing you to match your education to your needs
There is a high demand for occupational therapists in education across the country. Graduates of the Doctor of Occupational Therapy program pursue careers such as an educator, clinical leader, program developer, and clinical researcher.
Occupational Therapists have a range of industries available for them to practice in, including general medical and surgical hospitals, elementary and secondary schools, home health care services, and nursing care facilities.
The average salary for graduates of an occupational therapy degree is $92,800 nationally. You can find more information about pursuing Occupational Therapy careers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics here.
- Completed graduate application
- Completed entry-level degree in occupational therapy, either a master’s or bachelor’s degree (Applicants with an entry-level bachelor's degree in OT must also hold a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field of study)
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcripts from every undergraduate and graduate institution attended
- Copy of current licensure to practice as an occupational therapist
- Resume or CV
- Online interview
- Two professional recommendations
- Minimum of 6 months of practice as an occupational therapist at the time the program begins
100% online program designed for working professionals
2 tracks to choose from Administration or Education
8 semesters to completion
A graduation track that works for you
Our Doctor of Occupational Therapy program offers the opportunity for mentoring and tailored coursework in your chosen practice specialty, through working with faculty experts in multiple practice areas, allowing you to match your education to your needs.