Presidential Fellows Program
The Radford University Presidential Fellows Program creates opportunities for faculty and staff members to dedicate time, expertise and passion to a specific project, while fulfilling the University’s mission to serve current and future generations of Highlanders. Sponsored by the Office of the President, the Presidential Fellows Program offers reassigned time or stipend to one faculty, administrative or staff member during the spring semester to support a strategic initiative that enhances the University’s focus on teaching, research and service. While fulfilling Radford University’s core values, the Presidential Fellows Program strives to embody the spirit of excellence, creativity, discovery and inclusion, while providing a supportive environment for leadership growth, professional development and relationship building.
The appointment is for one semester and an extension for one additional semester is possible. The selected Presidential Fellow will have an office in Martin Hall allowing for close collaboration with the President and other members of the University’s senior leadership team.
The proposed project will support Radford University’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as outlined in the One Virginia Plan submitted in July, 2021. The Presidential Fellow will collaborate with existing campus stakeholders such as the Diversity Equity Action Committee (DEAC), Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI), Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Institutional Research and Effectiveness, Human Resources, student organizations as well as external partners to:
- Identify and integrate data and insights that build upon existing findings to provide both a quantitative and qualitative perspective of diversity, equity and inclusion at Radford University.
- Provide a recommendation for establishing key performance indicators, informed by external benchmarks for which Radford University can measure progress, identify areas of opportunity and develop appropriate action plans.
- Deliver a comprehensive landscape report that highlights:
- Current performance against recommended benchmarks
- Strengths and Opportunities/Gap Analysis
- Inventory of existing programs and/or initiatives that support diversity, equity and inclusion at Radford University.