Radford University is dedicated to creating a community where students, faculty and others can learn, live and work in a safe space. To achieve that goal, the Radford University Police Department has introduced LiveSafe, a free mobile communication app to campus.
LiveSafe is a personal safety app that lets students, campus employees, parents and the community communicate quickly and effectively with RUPD and other campus safety services.
With the app, users can directly access police and 911 emergency services, share their location with friends and report non-emergency concerns on campus.
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions [PDF]
LiveSafe features make safety easy
- The StaySafe feature allows users to make SafeWalk requests.
- Friends and family can even follow your location on a map to make sure you're okay.
- The Safety Map offers real time, GPS-based directions to nearest safe locations.
- LiveSafe users also have several Emergency Options. Phone numbers for 911 and campus safety can be accessed from the app, as well as an instant messaging system that connects with campus safety.
- Finally, users can Report Tips. Information about accidents, harassment, mental health concerns and crimes can be sent discreetly to local law enforcement, with the option to include a picture, video or audio evidence.