School of Nursing
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The Forefront of Healthcare Simulation
Our Clinical Simulation Centers provide simulated, realistic healthcare environments for students and educators of the New River and Roanoke Valleys. The integration of innovation and evidence based practice and state of the art technologies provide active learning experiences that help produce quality healthcare professionals. Our centers offer advanced simulators, standardized patients, haptic devices, and authentic medical equipment and supplies that can be implemented into various learning experiences allowing the Clinical Simulation Center to fulfil its vision.
Each center has specific areas that represent both acute and primary healthcare settings to include: emergency and med/surg, birthing suites, pediatric rooms, clinic rooms, and a home-health fully-furnished apartment. Each center has a sophisticated digital audio-visual system. This system allows live or recorded video to be delivered to individuals, classrooms, and between sites.
The Program is committed to:
- Deliver a simulation environment that is safe and realistic.
- Integrate innovation and evidence based practice into simulation teaching strategies.
- Incorporate state-of the art technologies in clinical education.
- Promote interprofessional education.
- Provide active learning experiences that foster student reflection and self-discovery.
- Produce quality healthcare professionals with enhanced critical thinking abilities, communication and teamwork skills and clinical competence.
The Clinical Simulation Center aspires to be the premier, innovative and student-centered simulation program with a keen focus on teaching, research and interprofessional education preparing competent, compassionate, professional clinicians to meet the needs of the local and global community.