School of Nursing
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Nursing Living-Learning Community
Beginning in Fall 2022, the Nursing Living Learning Community was developed to help you build community and connection while living and studying with other Nursing majors. Nursing school can be hard, but having your core group of friends that are on the same journey makes it much easier!
Why join the Nursing LLC?
In Nursing, you can thrive in an inclusive environment where faculty support the School's vision: blending the art and science of nursing to prepare enlightened, compassionate professionals who will meet the diverse needs of the local and global communities. This particular LLC is focused on:
- Full immersion in nursing culture and creating a sense of belonging from the time you begin at Radford University
- Helping you Identify your individual needs for success in the pre-licensure Nursing program and providing support and resources to meet those needs
- Participation in Nursing academic/social events in partnership with the Student Nurses Organization (SNO) at Radford
If you enjoy your experience as a freshman and sophomore, you are eligible to continue the fun as a Resident Advisor (RA) in your junior and senior years to become a mentor to others!
Participation Eligibility and Admission Process
To be a member of Radford University School of Nursing LLC you need to:
- Be enrolled as a Nursing or Pre-Nursing major
- Live with other LLC students in Stuart Hall
- When possible, as a freshman you will be enrolled in UNIV 100 and CHEM 120 to help kick off the development of study groups
The Nursing LLC is open to freshmen through seniors, but space is limited. Be sure to apply early!
Program Highlights, Activities and Events
Partnering with Student Nurse Organization (SNO) you get to engage in community outreach projects, mentoring programs, meet and network with nurses and other health care professionals from the region so they can share what they do and their expertise with you. The School of Nursing faculty are involved in the LLC through programing and hands-on activities to develop your sense of what it means to be a nurse. There will also be plenty of opportunities for social get-togethers with Nursing upper classmen to develop community and lifelong friendships.
Examples of past events include:
- Nursing Speaker series: hear about different nursing specialites and learn nursing skills while engaging with faculty and students
- Student lead Blood drives, Color Run, and other service activities in and for the community
The LLC is also a resource to support your academic success. Through the LLC, you will become connected to nursing mentors, tutoring, and academic support through campus resources.
The Nursing LLC application is located within the Housing application.
If you have questions, email Dr. Sharla Cooper ND, NNP-BC, RN or call her at 540-767-6188