These pages include guidance on getting started with your research, advice on honing your research skills, finding the best sources, and citing your sources.
If you have a question, or would like to schedule a research consultation with a librarian, please contact the Research Help Desk:
- Email the Research Help Desk
- Call 540-831-5696
- Text 540-318-2235
- Use our Ask a Librarian IM to chat
- Stop by in person
- Check our Frequently Asked Questions
Research Help Desk hours for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters:
- Monday - Wednesday: 10 am - 7 pm
- Thursday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Friday: 10 am - 4 pm
Research Help Desk hours for Summer semesters
Research Help during the Summer is available via Ask a Librarian chat, email, and by appointment.
- Monday - Wednesday: 9 am - 8 pm
- Thursday: 9 am - 5 pm
- Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
Research Help hours for Winter Break:
During Winter Break, research help will be available during the hours below.
- Monday, December 17th - Thursday, December 20th: 10 am - 5 pm (in-person, email, and Ask a Librarian chat)
- Monday - Friday only, from Friday, December 21st, 2018 - Tuesday January 1st, 2019: 8 am - 5 pm (email only)
- Monday - Friday only, from Wednesday, January 2nd - Monday, January 21st:
- Mondays - Thursdays 10 am - 5 pm, Fridays 10 am - 4 pm (in-person, email, and Ask a Librarian chat)