The Office of High Impact Practices (HIPs) offers students a variety of opportunities to follow their passions and engage deeply in their academic work.
Program offerings and funding support in undergraduate research and scholarship, civic learning and engagement, global experiences, ePortfolios, and learning communities offer an array of experiences in which to choose.
Domestic Study Away: DC Experience
Radford University is excited to offer Domestic Study Away experiences to Washington, DC through our premiere DC Experience.
Radford University offers several freshman learning communities around a variety of themes. Learn more about our learning communities.
Engaging Classroom Experiences at RU
Looking for engaging experiences in the classroom? Check out these opportunities:
- Whim, RU's online student magazine, teams us with CITL to produce a pilot episode for an online music performance series entitled 'Black Coffee.'
- The Politics of Disasters and Crises with Dr. Corbin
- Geology with Dr. Sethi
- Art Education with Dr. Bay
- Learn about Servant Leadership with Dr. Childers
- Public Relations Media and Campaigns with Dr. Bosworth
- Social Studies Methods with Dr. Bland
- The multidisciplinary Roots with Wings Project with Dr. Wagner
- Geophysics and Education in Barrow, Alaska
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice with Dr. Hendrix
- Criminal Investigative Theory with Dr. Burke
- COBE's Executive in Residence Program
- Tiny House Project with Dr. Bicak
- Emergency Management with Dr. Owens
- Opportunities in Nursing
And there's more! Talk to your faculty to find out about them.
MEET THE FACULTY
Meet the Faculty: Nate Bicak
Nate Bicak, an assistant professor of design, believes that design has the power to change lives. Whether we are at work, play or the respite of home, Bicak says everyone deserves comfortable and engaging environments.
Meet the Faculty: Erin Cruise
Erin Cruise, assistant professor of nursing, believes teaching is a central part of the nursing practice.
McGlothlin Student Education Abroad Awards
Each year Radford University financially supports students studying internationally in through a generous gift from the McGlothlin Fund. If you are interested in applying for the Awards please complete the online application.
Nathan Taylor '04 Discusses International Career Opportunities
Nathan Taylor, '04, discusses how a study abroad trip to China through Radford University led to an international career and encourages other students to be open to the possibilities of working abroad.
Nathan Taylor '04 Discusses Traveling Abroad
Nathan Taylor, '04, discusses how the opportunities he had while studying at Radford University allowed him to travel to China and encourages other students to look into traveling abroad.