College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- MFA in Studio Art
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Master of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MFA in Design Thinking
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
Earn Your M.S. in Strategic Communication in Abingdon, Martinsville, or South Boston
The Master of Science in Strategic Communication degree allows students to prepare for careers across various areas of expertise and industries, such as government, gaming industries, financial institutions, public relations firms, higher education, health education, etc. Explore courses in public relations, organizational communication, political communication, training and development, communication change and innovation, interactive media and analytics, and more. The strategic communication curriculum has a broad approach to allow students to learn multiple communication tactics. Students can take specialized classes to develop their skills in their interested areas.
About the Strategic Communication Cohort Program offered in Abingdon, Martinsville, and South Boston
Our program offers the same curriculum provided on the main Radford University campus but at a location convenient for those living in Abingdon, Martinsville, South Boston, and the surrounding areas. Courses are taught through blended learning, with some in asynchronous online format and some in flexible hybrid format with interactive videos. Students meet only one night per week at designated cohort locations during spring and fall semesters, providing a balance of work life and academic life.
This program consists of 36 hours of coursework. Classes are completed in a specific sequence with cohort colleagues, allowing students to build valuable relationships, connections, and community as they pursue graduate education.
The program will last six semesters, including summer sessions, and involve two courses each semester. The program only accepts fall enrollment. To join the Fall 2021 cohort, please complete your application before May 31, 2021.
How to apply to the Radford University Strategic Communication Cohort
Begin the application process by creating an account within our externally managed graduate application system. This allows you to start the application and save it at any time so you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
On the program selection page, select “Strategic Communication” and then choose “Fall 2021.” Upon submission of the application, you will be emailed a form to select the regional Higher Education Center cohort option, i.e. Abingdon, Martinsville, or South Boston.
To complete your application, you will need official transcripts, three letters of recommendation, a resume, and an essay. The essay is limited to three pages and should detail your experiences, interests, and other factors central to your decision to apply to the program. You should also describe your short- and long-term goals and career aspirations as they relate to the Strategic Communication program.
All official transcripts ordered electronically can be sent to email@example.com, or they can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 6928
Radford, VA 24142
June 10, 2021-10:00 am- https://radford.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpdumspz0pE93CNEmDDG-_D6MISjDaQPR7
June 21, 2021-7:00 pm- https://radford.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYrd--spjosE9Dw-m_6JJLOZt8xFkBcbkPz
July 7, 2021-11:00 am-https://radford.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJArduyvqT4rHdTM3FHhdvjvFZpIt-Mv5jJE
July 20, 2021-7:00 pm-https://radford.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIqd-2ppzsvG9K4ARIFsd5eX06TchS4z_BD