College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Earn Your M.S. in Strategic Communication in Abingdon, Martinsville, Roanoke or South Boston
We are now recruiting for the 2023-2025 cohort. See information on Zoom/in-person sessions at the bottom of this page.
The Master of Science in Strategic Communication degree allows students to prepare for careers across various areas of expertise and industries, such as government, gaming industries, financial institutions, public relations firms, higher education, health education, etc. Explore courses in public relations, organizational communication, political communication, training and development, communication change and innovation, interactive media and analytics, and more. The strategic communication curriculum has a broad approach to allow students to learn multiple communication tactics. Students can take specialized classes to develop their skills in their interested areas.
About the Strategic Communication Cohort Program offered in Abingdon, Martinsville, Roanoke and South Boston
Our program offers the same curriculum provided on the main Radford University campus but at a location convenient for those living in Abingdon, Martinsville, Roanoke or South Boston, and the surrounding areas. Courses are taught through blended learning, with some in asynchronous online format and some in flexible hybrid format with interactive videos. Students meet only one night per week at designated cohort locations during spring and fall semesters, providing a balance of work life and academic life.
This program consists of 36 hours of coursework. Classes are completed in a specific sequence with cohort colleagues, allowing students to build valuable relationships, connections, and community as they pursue graduate education.
The program will last six semesters, including summer sessions, and involve two courses each semester. The program only accepts fall enrollment. To join the Fall 2023 cohort, please complete your application before May 31, 2023.
How to apply to the Radford University Strategic Communication Cohort
Begin the application process by creating an account within our externally managed graduate application system. This allows you to start the application and save it at any time so you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
On the program selection page, select “Strategic Communication” and then choose “Fall 2023.” Upon submission of the application, you will be emailed a form to select the regional Higher Education Center cohort option, i.e. Abingdon, Martinsville, Roanoke or South Boston.
To complete your application, you will need official transcripts, three letters of recommendation, a resume, and an essay. The essay is limited to three pages and should detail your experiences, interests, and other factors central to your decision to apply to the program. You should also describe your short- and long-term goals and career aspirations as they relate to the Strategic Communication program.
All official transcripts ordered electronically can be sent to email@example.com, or they can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 6928
Radford, VA 24142
Interested in an in-person information session? Follow this link to sign up: https://radford.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bsmziZrIVo4TqNo
Or are you interested in a Zoom information session? Sign up here: https://radford.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcvfu-qrzIpHNKsyRL4mALzpkJUaivtUe77