College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- English Graduate Programs
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Occupational Therapy Doctorate
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Counselor Education
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- Master's Degrees in Music
- MFA in Studio Art
- Master's of Occupational Therapy
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
The clinical education program supports the program’s mission in the following ways:
- Provides opportunities for students to practice and hone skills and abilities learned within the program’s didactic coursework
- Clinical experiences are required to be diverse
Students are required to participate in three (3) unpaid 12-week full-time clinical experiences as part of their professional education as shown below:
- Year 1: 12-week placement mid-May to early August
- Year 2: 12-week placement mid-May to early August
- Year 3: 12-week placement generally January to mid-April
The program currently has clinical agreements with clinical sites throughout the United States and internationally. Students will be required to seek accommodations outside of the immediate Roanoke area for their clinical placements and should plan accordingly for housing and travel expenses. It is recommended that students budget an additional $3,000-$5,000 for clinical travel, accommodations, etc.
Please contact Radford University’s Financial Aid Office regarding requests for additional funding to cover living expenses.
- Students may request new clinical affiliations within states that are members of NC- SARA
- For assistance in finding housing during clinicals, please consult our facebook group.
Class of 2014:
Wesley Dubose - "I was expertly prepared for the board exam and for my professional experience because of the training I received at RU."
Class of 2015:
Jared Casazza - "I am very thankful for the thorough education that I received because without all the challenges I would not be nearly as confident in my practice as I am today."
Class of 2016:
Alison Phillips - "Without a doubt, being part of the RUDPT program is one of the best decisions I have ever made."