College of Graduate Studies
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Please send all transcripts to:
College of Graduate Studies and Research
PO Box 6928
Radford, VA 24142
- Minimum of 40 hours of clinical observation experience (volunteer or work-related) with a Licensed Physical Therapist.
Three (3) letters of recommendation
- At least one (1) must be from a Physical Therapist
- At least one (1) must be from a Professor or instructor familiar with applicant's academic work
- The third can be from multiple accepted sources (see PTCAS website).
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- Effective June 1, 2023 all applicants (Graduate and Early Assurance Pathway) will require a minimum GRE combined score of 280 (verbal and quantitative) and a minimal analytical writing score of 3.0.
- The essay prompt should be completed following the guidelines on the PTCAS application.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 (based on 4.0 scale) from an accredited institution.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (based on 4.0 scale) in math and sciences prerequisites as defined below:
- Anatomy and Physiology with labs (8 credit hours)
- General Biology with labs (4 credit hours)
- Chemistry I and II with labs (8 credit hours)
- Physics I and II with labs (8 credit hours)
- Statistics or Biostatistics (3 credit hours)
- Psychology (3 credit hours)
- Recommended Courses
- Public Speaking
- Technical Writing
- International applicants, must submit the Supplemental International Student Application
- Foreign applicants whose native language is not English must achieve an acceptable score on TOEFL examination and submit an approved credential report for coursework completed outside the United States.
Minimal acceptable TOEFL scores are
- Paper Based - 575
- Internet Based - 88-89
- Computer Based - Please contact our program directly to inquire more about Computer based TOEFL Requirements.
Candidates who are interested in applying for the next Admissions Cycle (Class of 2027) should apply to the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Services (PTCAS) online. In terms of scheduling, the last recommended date for applicants to take the GRE will be on September 20, 2023.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please visit our PTCAS program page here for an overview of our program's requirements.
- Complete an application on PTCAS website.
- ATTENTION: Please be advised that all communications regarding your application, offers of Interview, Admission status, etc. will occur via PTCAS. Make sure to add email@example.com to your Safe senders list and to check your Spam or Junk mail folders.
- There is a $50 supplemental application fee that can be paid by check. Please mail your $50 check, payable to Radford University, College of Graduate Studies and Research, Whitt Hall - P.O. Box 6928, Radford, VA 24142, or you may pay online. Please include your PTCAS ID number in the memo field.
Waldron College Advising Center
The Waldron College Advising Center is staffed by a full-time Advising Coordinator, a full-time academic advisor and graduate students trained to assist in advising.
College of Graduate Studies and Research
Applicants for graduate admissions may apply online. The application packet is available for download in pdf format.
Information Request Form
Need more information or have a question? We have you covered! Just fill out and submit our information request form and someone will be in touch with you shortly.