College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
The Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) program at Radford University Carilion is a post-professional terminal degree designed for currently practicing Occupational Therapists with interests in becoming educators, clinical leaders, program developers and/or clinical researchers. The program is offered in an online delivery format which allows the student flexibility in meeting both their professional and academic goals.
Why choose Radford University Carilion?
100% Online Program
This 8-semester program (part-time curriculum) is an entirely online program designed for working professionals.
There is a high demand for occupational therapists in education across the country. Graduates of the Doctor of Occupational Therapy program pursue careers such as: Educator, Clinical Leader, Program Developer and Clinical Researcher.
Our Doctor of Occupational Therapy program offers the opportunity for mentoring and tailored coursework in your chosen practice specialty, through working with faculty experts in multiple practice areas allowing you to match your education to your needs.
- Completed Radford University Carilion graduate application
- Completed entry level degree in occupational therapy, either a master’s or bachelor’s degree (Applicants with an entry-level bachelor's degree in OT must also hold a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field of study)
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcripts from every undergraduate and graduate institution attended
- Copy of current licensure to practice as an occupational therapist
- Resume or CV
- Online interview
- Two professional recommendations
- Minimum of 6 months of practice as an occupational therapist at the time program begins
Radford University Carilion is authorized by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to offer postsecondary education in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Radford University Carilion is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate, Baccalaureate, Masters, and Doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Radford University Carilion.