College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
WHAT EXAMINATION DO I NEED TO TAKE IN ORDER TO APPLY?
Radford University requires all applicants to the graduate music program to take either the Graduate Record General Examination or the Praxis II Music Content Examination. For the GRE have test scores submitted directly from the testing service directly to Radford University. For Praxis II scores please have scores mailed to your home, leave the envelope unopened and mail directly to the Radford University Graduate College. Do not have Praxis II scores mailed directly to the University.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GRADUATE MUSIC PROGRAMS AT RADFORD UNIVERSITY?
Visit the Radford University College of Graduate and Professional Studies website or learn more from the Department of Music.
HOW CAN I LEARN ABOUT THE GRADUATE MUSIC ASSISTANTSHIPS?
View our financial aid and graduate assistantships page.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR CLASSES?
Graduate music student class registration will take place during the first week of classes. Report to your principal advisor on the first day of classes to determine a course schedule. The department chairman can enter your course schedule into the system.
IS THERE AN ENTRANCE EXAMINATION?
All entering graduate music students are required to take an music theory and history entrance examination during the first class meeting of Bibliography and Research (MUSC 601). This examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions covering all periods of music history and a roman numeral analysis of a musical example from the Romantic period. Students are encouraged to prepare for this examination prior to entering the university. Additional details concerning this examination can be found in the current Radford University graduate catalog.
IS THERE A GRADUATE STUDENT HANDBOOK?
Please follow this link to the Music Department Graduate Student Handbook.