College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- Physician Assistant
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Social Work
- English Graduate Programs
- MFA in Studio Art
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Counselor Education
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
Make a Difference.
MSW Program Mission
The MSW program ‘focuses on clinical social work practice, allowing students to acquire a blend of direct practice skills coupled with an understanding and appreciation of human diversity. Our students develop the ability to practice clinically with diverse populations in a wide range of available settings. The program seeks to develop within each of its students the rich intellectual and ethical capacities necessary for skillful and compassionate social work practice’ (Radford University MSW, 2021). This is based in promoting inclusion, social justice, and cultural humility. Students are asked to use theory and research to inform and evaluate practice. MSW students develop relationship, advocacy, and practice skills to serve individuals locally, nationally, or globally. The MSW mission is consistent across options.
The 2022-2023 application is still open for all programs. Advanced Standing will close April 25th. Other program applications are on a rolling basis and will be accepted until programs are full. Please apply at https://www.radford.edu/content/grad/home.html under the tab Forms & Policies. Please reach out to Diana Joyce for questions.
Why Choose Radford?
Choose between part-time and full-time courseloads and locations in Radford or Roanoke.
Expand Job Opportunities
Prepare for a new career, for career advancement or for further study.
Learn from accomplished graduate faculty members with extensive practical and field experience.
Succeed in your Field.
Radford's MSW program was very convenient for me since they offered a part-time program at the Roanoke campus. My internships especially prepared me for my career as a bilingual therapist. The skills that I have gained while there and the experiences I had are ones that I will be able to use throughout my career.
Accreditations that Matter
Social work regulatory boards require that social work degrees must be obtained from programs of social work that are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Both the BSW and MSW at Radford University are accredited by CSWE and therefore meet the educational requirements to become a licensed social worker in other states. Some states may have requirements beyond the educational requirements in order to be licensed.
Our programs are also reviewed and monitored by a Professional Advisory Council, composed of trained professional social workers, and are affiliated with many professional organizations including the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the School Social Work Association of America.