College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- MFA in Studio Art
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Master of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MFA in Design Thinking
- M.S. in Athletic Training
Make a Difference.
The Master of Social Work program at Radford University focuses on community-based family practice, allowing students to acquire a blend of direct family practice skills coupled with an understanding and appreciation of human diversity. Our students develop the ability to practice clinically with diverse, self-defined families and to partner with them to make skillful contributions to the family-community continuum. The program seeks to develop within each of its students the rich intellectual and ethical capacities necessary for skillful and compassionate social work practice.
With Radford University located in rural Appalachia, we offer coursework and internships focused on rural practice. However, for the student who wants practice experience that will lead to work in a city environment, we offer a selection of field placements in Roanoke–a midsize city about 45 miles from Radford.
Why Choose Radford?
Choose between part-time and full-time courseloads and locations in Radford or Roanoke.
Expand Job Opportunities
Prepare for a new career, for career advancement or for further study.
Learn from accomplished graduate faculty members with extensive practical and field experience.
Succeed in your Field.
Radford's MSW program was very convenient for me since they offered a part-time program at the Roanoke campus. My internships especially prepared me for my career as a bilingual therapist. The skills that I have gained while there and the experiences I had are ones that I will be able to use throughout my career.
Accreditations that Matter
Social work regulatory boards require that social work degrees must be obtained from programs of social work that are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Both the BSW and MSW at Radford University are accredited by CSWE and therefore meet the educational requirements to become a licensed social worker in other states. Some states may have requirements beyond the educational requirements in order to be licensed.
Our programs are also reviewed and monitored by a Professional Advisory Council, composed of trained professional social workers, and are affiliated with many professional organizations including the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the School Social Work Association of America.