College of Graduate Studies
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Apply now to begin your MBA journey at Radford University! All applications require payment of a non-refundable fee ($50). All applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Applicant files are forwarded to the appropriate department for evaluation and a recommendation regarding admission. The final decision on admission rests with the dean of the College of Graduate Studies and Research.
Required Materials to Submit with Application
1. Required test scores
a. Official GMAT or GRE test scores within the last five years.
Candidates are expected to achieve a minimum score of 400 on the GMAT test (or Equivalent GRE Score).
Waiver of the GMAT Testing Fee
GMAC, the Graduate Management Admission Council which administers the GMAT exam, will allow a university to request a limited number of testing fee waivers for economically disadvantaged students within a 12-month period. The MBA Director submits a waiver request to GMAC. RU undergraduate students who have received financial aid based on financial need may request a waiver of the MBA Director. Applicants from other US undergraduate programs who have received financial aid based on financial need may also request a waiver. Requests for waivers from international students will have to be accompanied by evidence of financial need which will be evaluated by the Director of the MBA program. Applicants should have at least a 3.25 GPA at the time of the request.
Waiver of the GMAT/GRE Exam
Candidates with 5 or more years of professional experience may request a waiver of the GMAT/GRE exam during the application process. For candidates seeking a review of their professional experience, please attach the GMAT Waiver Request Form for Professionals (PDF) to your application.
Candidates who are applying as a member of selected Radford University programs and organizations or who are applying from externally Partnered Colleges and Universities may also request a waiver of the GMAT/GRE exam during the application process. For candidates seeking a waiver as a member of a university program or organization or as a student at one of our external partners, please attach the GMAT Waiver Request Form for Students (PDF) to your application.
b. For international students, applicants must demonstrate English proficiency prior to admission to the University. Radford University has established levels of proficiency for students whose native language is not English. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is the primary evaluation tool to test your knowledge of English. English language proficiency is demonstrated by: TOEFL 550 or higher (paper-based); 213 or higher (computer-based); 79-80 or higher (internet-based). If you have taken the TOEFL, have the results sent directly to Radford University (code 5565) from the Education Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey 08541. Information on the TOEFL is also available from U.S. embassies and consulates.
c. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a test that measures the language proficiency of people who want to study in environments where English is used as a language of communication. IELTS provides a valid and accurate assessment of the four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking. An easy to use 9-band scale clearly identifies proficiency level, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9). A minimum score of 6.5 is required for admission to the College of Graduate & Professional Studies.
d. TEOFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years.
2. Transcripts of all university/community college work
a. Candidates should hold a completed Bachelors degree with a minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
b. Candidates with an overall GPA below 2.75 who have 10 or more years of professional experience and who score a minimum of 400 on the GMAT (or equivalent GRE score) may request to be “Conditionally Admitted” to the MBA program. If approved as a “Conditionally Admitted” student, candidates will be accepted on the condition that a grade of "B" or better is achieved in each of their first three MBA courses (the first 9 Credit Hours). For candidates seeking a review of their professional experience, please use the GMAT Waiver Request Form for Professionals (PDF) to submit your information along with your application.
4. Application fee submitted with application