College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
The Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) at Radford University Carilion is a completely online degree that is ranked as one of the top 20 programs in the nation by the Healthcare Management Degree Guide.
Radford University's Master of Healthcare Administration program prepares diverse entry and experienced healthcare professionals with the attributes, values, and competencies needed to manage and lead a variety of complex healthcare organizations in the Commonwealth of Virginia and beyond.
Radford University's Master of Healthcare Administration program aspires to be recognized in the Commonwealth of Virginia and beyond for excellence in the field of healthcare administration through teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Inclusion and respect for the dignity of all
- Leadership with integrity
- Engagement by students and faculty in real-world experiences and scholarly activity
- Interprofessional collaborations with local and regional health systems
- Lifelong learning, mentorship, and professional development
- Service to our communities and profession
- Continuous improvement through the cycle of assessment
- Innovation in education and the discipline of healthcare administration
The MHA program is also a member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA).
Why choose Radford University Carilion?
100% Online Program
The Master of Healthcare Administration program is ideal for working professionals who want to take their knowledge and career to the next level. The program is delivered exclusively online and may be completed in 18-24 months.
Equipment and Facilities
As a student at Radford University Carilion, you will be part of a healthcare clinic that employs nearly 13,000 healthcare professionals and has facilities that span over 200 miles.
Knowledgeable Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff at Radford University Carilion provide students with opportunities to interact and learn beside a broad range of healthcare providers to prepare them to collaborate across specialties from the start of their careers.
If your goal is a senior management position in the fast-growing field of health management, a master’s degree is a must. Healthcare management and administration is a highly specialized profession and a master’s degree in healthcare administration will prepare you for an exciting career in a growing, dynamic, fast-changing field.
The master’s degree program will provide a strong set of foundational business-oriented skills that will help you lead a complex healthcare organization, including the ability to:
- Create strategic plans for a growing health care organization.
- Analyze the effects of changing health care policy on delivery and services that are provided in the health care industry.
- Utilize data that supports quality and performance measuring decision-making processes for all types of health care organizations.
- Demonstrate strong management of health care organization finances within a changing economic environment.
- Analyze the effects of different leadership and management theories within progressive health care organizations.
A master’s degree in healthcare administration provides the foundation upon which the “business” of healthcare and patient care is built, and you will have access to all of the resources necessary to become an exceptionally effective healthcare administrator.
What makes this program different?
- Carilion Clinic. As a student at Radford University Carilion, you will be part of a healthcare clinic that employs nearly 13,000 healthcare professionals and has facilities that span over 200 miles. You will have access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, national leaders in all areas of healthcare practice and administration, and opportunities to learn in the company of CEOs, COOs, subject matter experts, financial analysts, human resources administrators, and many more national experts in the field of healthcare management.
- Interprofessionalism. We provide our students with opportunities to interact and learn beside a broad range of healthcare providers, so they’re prepared to collaborate across specialties from the start of their careers.
The Master in Healthcare Administration provides all of the tools necessary to become a senior leader and manager in a large healthcare organization. Graduates often find or continue careers as managers in healthcare finance, human resources and operations of hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and other related organizations. Radford University Carilion graduates become successful healthcare professionals across a wide range of healthcare settings, including:
- Hospitals (inpatient and outpatient)
- Physician offices
- Long-term care facilities
- Home healthcare services
- Employment services
- Rehabilitation centers
- Government agencies
- Outpatient care centers
- Social assistance agencies
- Educational institutions
- Research institutions
- Public health
The health care industry is one of the strongest sectors in the U.S. economy and an aging population has caused the demand for well-educated healthcare management professionals to skyrocket. The wide range of career opportunities in healthcare makes this program attractive for anyone. You need not be a doctor or a nurse to have a brilliant healthcare career full of personal satisfaction and financial success. This broad, interdisciplinary program will prepare you to fill the growing demands of the health care industry and the patients it serves.
Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- All applicants must have completed a college level statistics course with a grade C or higher prior to or during the first semester of the program.
- Completed recommendation forms from two references.
- A professional resume.
- Students may transfer up to twelve (12) graduate credit hours to the MHA program (Please refer to the Transfer Credit policy in the Graduate Policies section of this catalog)
Radford University Carilion is authorized by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to offer postsecondary education in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Radford University Carilion is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate, Baccalaureate, Masters and Doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Radford University Carilion.