College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- MFA in Studio Art
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Master of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MFA in Design Thinking
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
Radford University Carilion's Master’s program in Health Sciences (MSHS) provides an advanced, broad-based curriculum that positions its graduates to elevate and accelerate their career in a health-related field. As an online program, the MSHS is well suited to working professionals, and can be completed in 4 semesters (36 credit hours).
Why choose Radford University Carilion?
100% Online Program
The MSHS is tailored to working professionals. This flexibility means you can continue building your career as you build knowledge to take you to the next level.
The plan of study includes a culminating experience project that may take the form of a scholarly research project or an independent study. You can practice what you have learned under the guidance and mentorship of our faculty.
Our students learn skills covering a broad range of activities such as healthcare leadership, population health, healthcare ethics, research methods and epidemiology. This education makes our graduates attractive to a variety of employers.
What makes this program different?
- Many health-related master's programs are focused is a specific area such as public health or biological sciences. Our students learn skills covering a broad range of activities such as healthcare leadership, population health, healthcare ethics, research methods, and epidemiology. This education makes our graduates attractive to a variety of employers.
- As a 100% online program, the MSHS is tailored to working professionals. This flexibility means you can continue building your career as you build knowledge to take you to the next level.
- The plan of study includes a culminating experience project that may take the form of a scholarly research project or an independent study. You can practice what you have learned under the guidance and mentorship of our faculty.
- If you aspire to get your doctoral degree, consider our accelerated MSHS to DHSc Dual Degree track . By enrolling in this program you can reduce the number of credit hours needed to achieve both degrees.
The MSHS degree positions you to advance within your current field or move to a new position in healthcare. Some of the careers our graduates pursue include:
- Healthcare management
- Health analyst
- Health educator
- Allied health management positions
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.3 or higher in the field of health sciences, public health, education, administration, healthcare or other health-related discipline.
- All applicants must have completed a college level statistics course with a grade of C or higher prior to or during the first semester of the program.
- Personal statement detailing how this program will enhance your academic and/or professional goals
- Two letters of reference
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An online interview may be requested for applicants to be considered for acceptance.
Students may transfer up to twelve (12) graduate credit hours to the MSHS program. Only comparable graduate-level courses completed within the past five years and with a grade of “B” or higher will be considered for transfer. Transfer credit is not allowed for a course counted towards completion of another graduate degree.
The MSHS degree is a 36 credit hour program which can be completed in as little as one year plus one semester. View the MSHS course details in the academic catalog.
For more details, please contact the program director F. Jeannine Everhart at email@example.com or 540-985-4046.
Students graduating with this concentration will be eligible to sit for a certification exam as a Clinical Research Associate. Learn more about our program and the fast growing, high demand field of clinical research.