College of Graduate Studies and Research
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Your Education. Your Way.
Radford University's graduate program in English leads to a Master of Arts (MA) or Master of Science (MS) with the choice between a literature concentration or a MS in English education with the option for teacher licensure. Our graduate program prepares students to take the next step in their career, whether they will be pursuing teaching at a higher level or entering into a variety of professions.
Why Choose Radford?
Expand Job Opportunities
Prepare for a career teaching at the community college level, future pursuit of a doctoral degree or a new career in a variety of professions.
Choose between a literature or education concentration, with options for teaching licensure. Not ready to jump in to a masters degree program yet? Online certificates are also available.
Assistantships available including Graduate Teaching Fellowship. Assistantships provide the potential for few to no out-of-pocket costs for our students.
Being a Graduate Teaching Assistant has been really rewarding. Not only have I learned how to plan writing lessons and guide students through the research and writing processes that I love, but I've also been able to learn more from my mentor and teaching partner."