College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- Physician Assistant
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Master of Social Work
- English Graduate Programs
- MFA in Studio Art
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
M.S. in Special Education
Together We Make the Difference
The Master of Science degree program in special education is a single degree program offering practicing educators and those intending to enter the teaching profession the opportunity to design a program of study to meet their interests and teacher licensure needs in the area of special education.
Why Choose Radford?
Jumping into your career or already have your teaching license? Choose between a licensure or non-licensure degree.
Expand Job Opportunities
Across the United States, school systems face a critical shortage of highly qualified teachers in special education.
Learn from graduate faculty members from the best academic programs in the country.
- Develop professionals who can work effectively with infants, children and youth with disabilities
- Ensure their academic and personal success through collaboration with families, general educators and other team members, and
- Advocate for children, families and the profession to improve the quality of life for all children.
Gain Knowledge and Skills In
- Assessment and evaluation
- Understanding and application of service delivery
- Curriculum and instruction
- IEP/IFSP development and monitoring
- Proactive classroom management
- Positive behavior support
- Collaboration and teamwork