For licensure only, you should apply through Undergraduate Admissions as a “non-degree seeking initial licensure” student. Once you get your admissions letter, you should contact your advisor, Dr. Debbie Bays Wilbon, who will assist you in registration. Under this designation, you are still eligible for financial aid by filling out a non-degree seeking student certification for teacher certification form [PDF] once you are admitted and submit to the Financial Aid Office.

Benefits to pursuing licensure only

There are really two benefits to the undergraduate route:

  1. You will pay the less expensive undergraduate tuition rates because you will be taking all undergraduate level courses.
  2. If you have an incoming GPA of less than 3.0 (which would prevent you from coming in the graduate route), you can still take classes. If you come in as an undergraduate with a GPA lower than 3.0, you could always switch over to the graduate route once you get your GPA raised.

Benefits to pursuing degree plus licensure

If you choose to pursue a degree plus licensure you may apply for a graduate assistantship worth up to $9,000 in an academic year.