College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Mathematics Certificate Program
The mathematics education certificate program consists of six fully online courses (18 semester hours) providing professional development for licensed high school mathematics teachers across the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics content strands. Those who complete the program receive Radford University’s Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Mathematics Education. The certificate check sheet lists the courses included in this program.
- Mathematics Certificate Information
- Gainful Employment Disclosure
- MATH 600 - Foundations of the Number System
- MATH 623 - Algebraic Reasoning and Mathematical Structures
- MATH 630 - Algebra and Functions
- MATH 635 - Euclidean and Non-Euclidean Geometry
- MATH 641 - Mathematical Analysis and Modeling
- MATH 644 - Applied Statistics
Secondary Mathematics Professional Development Center
The Secondary Mathematics Professional Development Center at Radford University is supported by funding from the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) through the Mathematics and Science Partnership grant program (MSP).
Currently (2015-2018), we are in our seventh-ninth year of grant funding from the VDOE. Partnered with Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Longwood University, NASA Langley Research Center (NASA), Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VT), and 27 Virginia school divisions, we provide top-quality online professional development which enables high school mathematics teachers to improve their mathematics content knowledge, pedagogy content knowledge, and assessment skills.
The grant provides high school mathematics teachers in partnering districts with tuition and supplies for graduate-level coursework at Radford University, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Longwood University, as well as travel and housing for a NASA summer institute and virtual summer professional development with VT engineers.