College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- English Graduate Programs
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Occupational Therapy Doctorate
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Counselor Education
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- Master's Degrees in Music
- MFA in Studio Art
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
M.S. in Literacy Education
Become a Literacy Leader.
The Literacy Education program equips educators to serve as literacy leaders in the K-12 setting. The program offers a graduate degree in literacy, along with the competency credentials required to become a Reading Specialist in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Candidates in the program become adept at applying research-supported, data-driven, literacy instruction and intervention. Candidates likewise develop literacy leadership skills for instructional coaching, program selection, and school-wide literacy approaches.
The program is designed for practicing educators, as classes are offered after school hours and assignments are designed to be school-, classroom- and student-centered. Courses in the literacy education program are available on-campus, on-site within school divisions in the region, at higher education centers across Virginia, and online.
The Literacy Education program leads to professional opportunities to serve as:
- Reading Specialists (K-12)
- Literacy Coaches
- Title 1 Teachers
- Literacy Supervisors and Coordinators
Financial aid and scholarships are available.
Why Choose Radford?
Expand Job Opportunities
Prepare for career advancement or further study.
Learn from graduate faculty members from the best academic programs in the country.
Receive instruction in a variety of innovative and up-to-date literacy courses.
Meet the Professors
- Dr. Jennifer Jones Powell, Contact for Master of Science in Literacy Education
- Dr. Gaston Dembele
- Dr. Katie Hilden-Clouse
- Dr. Don Langrehr