College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- Physician Assistant
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Master of Social Work
- English Graduate Programs
- MFA in Studio Art
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
M.S. in Literacy Education
Become a Literacy Leader.
The Literacy Education program enables educators to serve as tomorrow's literacy leaders. The Reading Specialist (K-12) program leads to a Master of Science in literacy education and is ideal for working educators. Classes are offered after school hours in the evenings, and assignments are designed to be classroom centered. Our program is available for students in the following formats: on-campus, on-site within school divisions in the region, at Higher Education Centers across Virginia, or via hybrid or online formats. The Literacy Education program leads to professional opportunities to serve as:
- Reading Specialists,
- Literacy Coaches,
- Title I teachers and
- Literacy Supervisors and Coordinators.
Graduates of this program are leaders in applying research supported, data-driven, practical literacy instruction, intervention and coaching to benefit all learners.
Financial aid and scholarships are available.
Why Choose Radford?
Expand Job Opportunities
Prepare for career advancement or further study.
Learn from graduate faculty members from the best academic programs in the country.
Receive instruction in a variety of innovative and up-to-date literacy courses.
Meet the Professors
- Dr. Jennifer Jones Powell, Contact for Master of Science in Literacy Education
- Dr. Gaston Dembele
- Dr. Katie Hilden-Clouse
- Dr. Don Langrehr