College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- English Graduate Programs
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Occupational Therapy Doctorate
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Counselor Education
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- Master's Degrees in Music
- MFA in Studio Art
- Master's of Occupational Therapy
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
Become an Academic Leader.
Radford University's Doctor of Education degree (Ed.D.) is designed to prepare practicing professional educators to fill positions as educational leaders at the district level in Virginia. Successful completion of this fully online program qualifies program completers for licensure as a superintendent.
This 63 credit hour program includes courses in Educational Foundations, Educational Leadership, Applied Research, Field Experiences and Elective choices and is designed to be completed in three years as a part-time student.
Radford University is a member of the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate. We are committed to the Guiding Principles that the Professional doctorate in education:
Note for applicants:
We will begin accepting applications on June 1st for our first cohort of students who will begin in January 2020.Learn More
Students can focus on one course at a time and still complete two courses per semester.
The Ed. D. program is convenient and flexible for working professionals. Our latest collaboration software allows for "face-to-face" engagement with faculty and cohort members.
Ed. D. program courses, field experience and research are directly connected to solving complex problems of practice in schools.