College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- Physician Assistant
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Social Work
- English Graduate Programs
- MFA in Studio Art
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Counselor Education
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
Become an Academic Leader.
Radford University's Doctor of Education degree (Ed.D.) is designed to prepare practicing professional educators to fill positions as educational leaders at the district level in Virginia. Successful completion of this fully online program qualifies program completers for licensure as a superintendent.
This 63 credit hour program includes courses in Educational Foundations, Educational Leadership, Applied Research, Field Experiences and Elective choices and is designed to be completed in three years as a part-time student.
Radford University is a member of the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate. We are committed to the Guiding Principles that the Professional doctorate in education:
See Program Requirements provided in the University Graduate Catalog.
Note for applicants:
We begin a new cohort in January of each year. Applications are accepted from March 1st until September 1st for each cohort.Learn More
Students can focus on one course at a time and still complete two courses per semester.
The Ed. D. program is convenient and flexible for working professionals. Our latest collaboration software allows for "face-to-face" engagement with faculty and cohort members.
Ed. D. program courses, field experience and research are directly connected to solving complex problems of practice in schools.
Meet the Professors
Dr. Brad Bizzell
Office: Peters A013
Dr. Sarah Capello
Office: Peters Hall A025