College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- Physician Assistant
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Master of Social Work
- English Graduate Programs
- MFA in Studio Art
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
The Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DOT) program at Radford University Carilion is a post-professional terminal degree designed for currently practicing Occupational Therapists with interests in becoming educators, clinical leaders, program developers and/or clinical researchers. The program is offered in an online delivery format which allows the student flexibility in meeting both their professional and academic goals.
Why choose Radford University Carilion?
100% Online Program
This 8-semester program (part-time curriculum) is an entirely online program designed for working professionals.
There is a high demand for occupational therapists in education across the country. Graduates of Doctor of Occupational Therapy pursue careers such as: Educator,Clinical Leader, Program Developer and Clinical Researcher.
Radford University Carilion offers two tracks, education or administration, in our Doctor of Occupational Therapy Program so you can match your education to your needs.
The Doctorate of Occupational Therapy program at Radford University offers two tracks for students:
- The Education Track provides students the opportunity to focus on teaching or providing skills and experiences to other Occupational Therapists.
- The Administration Track provides students with the opportunity to develop skills in organizational leadership and development.
All applicants for the DOT program will complete and submit their application through the online Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS). Radford University Carilion does not require a supplemental application. The application through OTCAS can be found at http://www.otcas.org/.
- Completed Radford University Carilion OTCAS application
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree OT must also hold a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related Field of Study
- Copy of current licensure as an OT
- Resume or CV
- Interview (online)
- Essay on how you plan to utilize the DOT degree
- Three references
- Official transcripts from every institution you have attended
Radford University Carilion is authorized by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to offer postsecondary education in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Radford University Carilion is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate, Baccalaureate, Masters and Doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Radford University Carilion.