College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Physician Assistant
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Social Work
- English Graduate Programs
- MFA in Studio Art
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Counselor Education
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Choose a Concentration
What Makes Our Program Special
Radford University’s School of Nursing offers an online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program to prepare registered nurses who currently hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing science, a master’s degree or a master’s degree in nursing science for advanced nursing practice.
The program is distance-based to promote maximum flexibility while maintaining quality. Theory and research-based courses prepare our graduates to work in a variety of settings, and to provide leadership in health care.
The program culminates in a residency tailor-made to the student’s learning needs and career goals. Upon completion of the DNP program, graduates are eligible for Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Leadership. The DNP program offers the required clinical and didactic courses in all concentrations and more than 1,000 clinical hours.
2021 Blue Ridge Scholarship Recipient
Wilton Johns, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) student, has been selected for the 2021 Blue Ridge Scholarship award.
He was chosen unanimously for his academic achievements, extra-curricular activites and his dedication to volunteer work in the community.
Radford University graduate programs recognized in U.S. News & World Report 2023 Graduate Schools rankings »
Radford University’s commitment to educating students on the graduate level has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report with its 2023 U.S. News Best Graduate Schools rankings. Ten graduate academic programs in five schools and colleges are included in the rankings.