College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Physician Assistant
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Social Work
- English Graduate Programs
- MFA in Studio Art
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Counselor Education
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Art-Design Thinking graduate degree program is a 100% online, terminal degree graduate program that provides students with in-depth experiences in using the design process to solve complex problems. While enrolled in this graduate program, students participate in interdisciplinary teams using creative and multifaceted design methodologies that address international issues.
Why choose Radford?
Complete a Certificate in Design Thinking in as little as one year or complete the M.F.A. in as little as two years.
Advance your skill set by learning the design process that inspires innovation in any industry.
All courses are offered 100% online, allowing students to learn on their time from anywhere in the world.
Earn your degree online.
I chose Radford University’s MFA in Art-Design Thinking program because of the relevant design methodologies it focuses on. The program is completely online, an important factor for me as a working professional."
A 60-credit program, the MFA in Art-Design Thinking provides an approach that focuses on:
- Design Thinking – The theories and methods relative to creative cognition;
- Design History – The historical and political context of design;
- Design Research – The science of design grounded in research and scholarship;
- Design Management – The dynamics of team work and management; and
- Design Doing – The experimental opportunities in virtual studios with team-based solutions.
Students can complete the MFA in Art-Design Thinking degree in two years if enrolled as a full-time student or four years if enrolled as a part-time student.