College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSC)
- MFA in Studio Art
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Master of Social Work
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- MFA in Design Thinking
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Design Thinking graduate degree program is a 100% online, terminal degree graduate program that provides students with in-depth experiences in using the design process to solve complex problems. While enrolled in this graduate program, students participate in interdisciplinary teams using creative and multifaceted design methodologies that address international issues.
Why choose Radford?
Complete a Certificate in Design Thinking in as little as one year or complete the M.F.A. in as little as two years.
Advance your skill set by learning the design process that inspires innovation in any industry.
All courses are offered 100% online, allowing students to learn on their time from anywhere in the world.
Earn your degree online.
I chose Radford University’s MFA in Design Thinking program because of the relevant design methodologies it focuses on. The program is completely online, an important factor for me as a working professional."
A 60-credit program, the MFA in Design Thinking provides an approach that focuses on:
- Design Thinking – The theories and methods relative to creative cognition;
- Design History – The historical and political context of design;
- Design Research – The science of design grounded in research and scholarship;
- Design Management – The dynamics of team work and management; and
- Design Doing – The experimental opportunities in virtual studios with team-based solutions.
Students can complete the MFA in Design Thinking degree in two years if enrolled as a full-time student or four years if enrolled as a part-time student.