College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Doctor of Health Sciences
- English Graduate Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration
- Physician Assistant
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Teacher Education & Leadership
- Master of Social Work
- Counselor Education
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Business Administration
- M.S. in Strategic Communication
- MFA in Design Thinking
- Master's Degrees in Music
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences Dual Degree Track (MS to DHSc)
- Psychology Graduate Programs
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Nursing
- MFA in Studio Art
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Earn your M.S. in School Counseling in Abingdon
Our communities and children need competent and compassionate School Counselors now more than ever.
Are you ready to begin your journey with Radford University at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon, Virginia?
About the School Counseling Program now offered in Abingdon
Our flexible program is aligned with national standards and offers the highest quality of counselor education and preparation. It is the same curriculum provided on the main Radford University campus, but at a location convenient for those living in Abingdon and the surrounding areas. Many of the courses are delivered in a flexible hybrid format, and each class meets one night a week – allowing you to work, teach and achieve.
This program consists of 48 hours of coursework. Classes are completed in a specific sequence and in lockstep with your cohort colleagues – allowing you to build valuable relationships, connections, and community as you pursue your educational path forward.
The program will last for three years, when enrolled in courses part-time during the fall, spring and summer semesters. Spring and fall semesters typically include two courses, while the summer semester includes three. The last year is clinical internships at the elementary level and the middle/high level. To join the Fall 2022 cohort, you must submit your application by June 30, 2022.
Virginia educators are able to receive reduced tuition costs and must complete the Reduced Tuition Rate for Virginia Educators form [PDF] each year in order to do so.
How to apply to the Radford University School Counseling Abingdon Cohort
Begin the application process by creating an account within our externally managed graduate application system. This allows you to start the application and save it at any time – so you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
We are excited to be able to offer a discount in tuition for our M.S. in School Counseling in Abingdon. Virginia educators are able to receive reduced tuition costs and must complete the Reduced Tuition Rate for Virginia Educators form [PDF] each year in order to do so.
To complete your application, you will need official transcripts, three letters of recommendation and an essay. The essay is limited to three pages and should detail your experiences, interests and other factors central to your decision to apply to the program, pursue your goals and achieve your career aspirations.
All official transcripts ordered electronically can be sent to email@example.com, or they can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 6928
Radford, VA 24142