College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Design Thinking Certificate
Design Thinking is now offering a certificate! The online Design Thinking Certificate requires students to complete 15-credit hours of graduate level coursework that empowers them to strategize, plan, and solve complex problems across a multitude of venues. The curriculum is structured to facilitate mastery in Design Thinking methods, management, teaming, and environment and behavior.
Students can enroll in the one-year program that consists of 15 credits. Students must take DSN 600 Design Thinking Studio.
Students may select 4 classes from the following:
- DSN 611 - Special Topics in Design Thinking (3 credits) (may be repeated on a different topic for 3 additional credits)
- DSN 615 - Readings Credits (3 credits)
- DSN 619 - Design Thinking for Educators (3 credits)
- DSN 645 - Collaboration Studio (3 credits)
- DSN 670 - Environment Behavior (3 credits)
- DSN 740 - Design Management (3 credits)
The Certificate is structured so that existing courses from the MFA in Design Thinking program satisfy the requirements for the Certificate. This means you can easily transfer from the Certificate to the MFA if you want to continue your studies.