Residential Summer Counselors
The Governor's School at Radford University seeks highly motivated individuals to serve as residential summer counselors. The application window opens December 1 and closes on April 1 (or when positions are filled).
All counselors must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older before June 25th, 2023
- Must submit to a background check and return all hiring documents before May 1
- Must be willing to live on campus (in a residence hall) June 25th - July 22nd, 2023
- Must attend counselor training from June 19th-24th, 2023
- Must hold a valid driver license and will be trained to drive university vans
Each residential counselor is responsible for the following:
- Supervise 15-18 rising high school juniors and seniors. This includes dining with the students, making sure they get to classes and scheduled activities on time, and being the first point-of-contact for any issues or problems that may arise.
- Help organize and run extra-curricular activities
- Must be willing to work with groups of students to facilitate a service learning project.
- Must be willing to work up to 1.5 hours of faculty/staff assistance per day, working in a positive and supportive capacity with faculty/staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Governor's School counselors must be mature, energetic, sociable and enjoy working with teens. Counselors must also be flexible and demonstrate an ability to think and act quickly in cooperative ways with other counselors, resident life directors, program directors, and faculty.
All counselors receive lodging and meals in addition to a $2500 stipend (before taxes).
- Fill out the Google Survey at: Governor's School Counselor Application Survey and
- Email a resume (with 3 references) to:
Counselor applications and resumés are open now and will close March 3, 2023.
Interviews for select qualified applicants will begin in February with selection by April 1, 2023