Residential Summer Counselors
The Governor's School at Radford University seeks highly motivated individuals to serve as residential summer counselors. The application window opens December 1 and closes on April 1 (or when positions are filled).
All counselors must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older before June 20, 2022
- Must submit to a background check and return all hiring documents before May 1
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID19 (proof of vaccination required)
- Must be willing to live on campus (in a residence hall) June 25 - July 23, 2022
- Must attend counselor training from June 20-25, 2022
- Must hold a valid driver license and will be trained to drive university vans
- Supervise 15-18 rising high school juniors and seniors. This includes dining with the students, making sure they get to classes and scheduled activities on time, and being the first point-of-contact for any issues or problems that may arise.
- Help organize and run extra-curricular activities
- Must be willing to work with groups of students to facilitate a service learning project.
- 1.5 hours of faculty/staff assistance per day, working in a positive and supportive capacity with faculty/staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Governor's School counselors must be mature, energetic, socialable and enjoy working with teens. Counselors must also be flexible and demonstrate an ability to think and act quickly in cooperative ways with other counselors, resident life directors, program directors, and faculty.
To apply, Fill out the Google Survey at:
AND email a resume (with 3 references) to:
Dr. Wayne Gallops - Director Residential Governor's School for the Visual & Performing Arts and Humanities at Radford University at firstname.lastname@example.org