Types of Financial Aid

To apply for Financial aid you should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  For a full explanation of the FAFSA application review process you can review Applying for Financial Aid section.

Applications are reviewed and processed based on receipt by Radford University's priority deadline.  To be considered for grant programs, your completed FAFSA must be received by our priority deadline of Mar. 1.

Radford University offers many forms of Financial Aid.  See the list below for more information on the different types.

Federal, State, and Institutional Grants - examples of this include Pell, Federal SEOG, Commonwealth, VGAP, and Highlander.

Institutional Scholarships - This is a link to more information on the merit based scholarships offered.

Foundation Scholarships - This is a link to the Radford University Donor driven scholarships.

Federal Work Study - Click the link for detals on eligibilty requirements, how to access Handshake app for job applications, and more.

Federal Direct Student and Parent Plus Loans - this includes Subsidized, Unsubsidized, Parent Plus or Graduate Plus Loans.

Private Education Loans - this link will give you a list of frequently used lenders by our students.