Campus Master Plan
For more than a year, a cross-functional group worked closely with staff in the Division of Finance and Administration on the development of the 2020-2030 Master Plan. As the Master Planning Committee diligently worked, individuals within this group hosted open forums and presented to various groups. The goals of the Master Plan 2020-2030 are to:
- Support the 2018-2023 Strategic Plan by enabling the University’s physical resources to accommodate future needs of the University. The 2018-2023 Strategic Plan is built around six areas of emphasis;
- Plan for key building footprint components;
- Provide a detailed, long-range plan for the residential life system that provides additional beds in residence halls either on-campus or off-campus, plans for the systematic renovation of existing residence halls and improves the variety of offerings in a manner that is financially sustainable;
- Plan for transportation and parking systems to enhance access to campus, improve user satisfaction and encourage multimodal means of transportation;
- Plan for infrastructure systems that anticipate growth rather than react to demand, plan for systems that continue to support and enhance the University’s initiatives to maximize overall resource efficiency and plan for systems that respond to the challenges of sustainability, including reductions in energy use and greenhouse gas emissions; and
- Enable connectivity with the City of Radford and greater Southwest Virginia through enhancement of existing facilities and virtual infrastructure environment, as well as the establishment of new locations and programs.