Campus Safety Tips
While as a student, faculty, staff, and guest there are several preparedness tips that you can follow as part of the Highlander family.
- Make sure your contact information is up-to-date in MyRU by clicking on the Personal Info icon to receive Radford Alert.
Download the Rave Guardian Safety App
- Stay connected and receive important campus notifications, communicate with campus safety officials, and gain access to resources and documents you need most through the Rave Guardian Safety App.
Have a Plan
- Do you have a buddy plan when going out?
- Contact the Radford University Police Department for a safety escort on campus when you do not want to walk alone.
- What is your communication and reunification plan with family, friends, or household members?
- How will you communicate essential information during an emergency?
- Store emergency contact numbers in your cell phone under “I.C.E.” (In Case of Emergency).
- Complete and carry a contact card that identifies who you are, emergency contact information, and any medical or health needs or concerns.
- What would you do if you had to evacuate?
- Is your evacuation plan and meeting location? Do you know multiple routes out of a building?
Build a Kit
- Having a few essential items on hand can make a difference in an emergency. Have a kit in your room or car that has essential items like food, water, medication and other supplies.
- Additional kit suggestions can be found at Ready.gov.