Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Due to the current renovations of Reed and Curie Halls the full Science Days have been suspended until the fall of 2019. Assuming the renovations proceed on schedule we will be able to restart them that semester. In the meantime we are still scheduling group visits to the Planetarium as well as the Museum of the Earth Sciences. We appreciate your patience as we upgrade our facilities, which will allow us to eventually accommodate visiting groups for an even better experience!
The Radford University Science Alliance is a group of RU faculty and students that hosts K-12 school groups here at Radford University for a "Science Day." These are day-long field trips full of science activities for your students. Joining the Radford University Planetarium in the Science Alliance are the Physics Department, the Geology Department's Museum of the Earth Sciences, the Biology Department's Greenhouse, the Chemistry Department, and the Forensic Science Institute.
All of these presentations are presented at the level of the visiting grade levels. Thus we host groups of similar grade levels. For example, it would be fine to have a mixture of 6th, 7th, and 8th graders, but we don't schedule a mixture of e.g. grades 1 through 6 on the same day.
For more information about our Science Days, or to schedule your group for a Science Day visit, please contact Dr. Rhett Herman at (540) 831-5441 (office phone), (540) 831-5652 (Department office), or by email at email@example.com.
Note: Due to the popularity of this program, Science Day visits typically book more than a year in advance. Please be sure to plan ahead, and contact Dr. Herman far in advance.