Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Radford University to participate in National GIS Day
Radford University is participating in National GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Day on Wednesday, November 20 from noon-2pm at the Bonnie Hurlburt Student Center. All you need to participate is a smartphone, some time and an inquisitive spirit.
GIS Day provides an international forum for users of geographic information systems technology to demonstrate real-world applications that are making a difference in our society.
The first formal GIS Day took place in 1999. Esri president and co-founder Jack Dangermond credits Ralph Nader with being the person who inspired the creation of GIS Day. He considered GIS Day a good initiative for people to learn about geography and the uses of GIS. He wanted GIS Day to be a grassroots effort and open to everyone to participate.
GIS Day is One Fun Day to celebrate GIS with everyone, discover and explore the benefits of GIS, and showcase the uses of GIS.
If you would like to participate, please download GIS Cloud App at http://www.giscloud.com/
This event is sponsored by the Geography Club and the Department of Geospatial Sciences.
For more information, please visit http://www.gisday.com/