Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Information Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
Two Software Development Posistions
1. Job Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Software Developer to support the technology needs of their growing Education Services practice area.
It is an internet-based solution for the development of Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and for the management of special education reporting. It provides program administrators with a powerful management tool, extensive reporting capabilities and instant access to student information securely via the internet.
This is their fastest growing product and they need to add developers to support school district wins. Candidates will be developing highly customized applications delivered over the web using Perl in an object oriented way. Majority of development is new and customization to applications.
Top 3 Skills:
- 2+ years of programming experience (C, C++, Java)
- SQL Server (00 or 05)
- HTML/DTS Packages
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
Nice to Haves:
- Perl Development experience
- Business objects
- Test Driven development
This is a fast paced environment where deadlines are kept and expected to be met.
Every employee starts off as a Developer 1, 2, or 3 and if they prove their skills they have the opportunity to move into a higher tier which also translates into a higher salary. They are also very career oriented and value the career growth of the Developers on their team.
2. Position Description
Leading developer and innovator of advanced, web-based document management software. We are looking to hire a full-time software developer to join our existing development team in Asheville, NC. We're seeking an individual who brings a great blend of knowledge, talent, and creativity, and who desires to work with similar people in a cooperative, interactive development environment.
An ideal candidate will have experience creating high-availability applications and services using C# and the Microsoft .NET framework, and will look forward to collaborating with others across the company to plan, design, and engineer new development projects. If you're talented programmer with solid development experience and think you'd be a good fit with our team, then you're someone we'd like to talk to.
What We Most Like to See
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
- Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- McKenzie Garst at TEKsystems