Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Information Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
Founded in 1989, Sabre provides customers integrated end-to-end solutions focused around analytics; autonomous systems; command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR); critical infrastructure protection; and cyber. This solutions strategy is built upon the strength of our technical competencies in engineering, information technology, software development, program management support, and logistics. Sabre Systems is currently recruiting for a Sr. Computer Scientist to work at Patuxent River, MD.
Supporting Software Engineering and Acquisition Management Division (AIR 4.9.4).Candidate will apply knowledge of computer science concepts and techniques, mathematics, and methods of statistical analysis to develop and apply automated solutions to engineering, scientific, or business data acquisition and management problems. Uses mathematical, statistical, and scientific logic to identify conceptual or theoretical solutions to problems of automated data processing (ADP) hardware or software systems design and operations. Analyzes and formulates architectural and functional specifications, interfaces, and data structures. Researches applications for ADP hardware, software, and operating systems. Writes, modifies, and adapts computer programs in machine level, assembly, and third or fourth generation programming languages. May act as team leader or supervisor, developing project plans, guidelines, or controls, and directing the work of other computer scientists, specialists, and technicians.
- BS or BA degree in a Computer Science or "Relevant Technical Discipline". ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: The equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of computer science experience.
- At least one (1) year of the foregoing experience shall have been as a team leader or supervisor.
- At least one (1) year of the foregoing experience shall have consisted of performing computer scientist functions.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software systems including, but not limited to Solaris UNIX, Aonix UNIX, SunOS, Linux, Linuxworks, LynxOS, Microsoft
- DOS, Microsoft Windows, mass-storage devices and/or local area networks (LANs).
- Able to develop software using structured top-down methods in C, C++, SQL, Ada, and/or the UNIX Command Language using the UNIX SDE
- Candidate must have a current secret clearance. Candidates will be required to pass a background check for this position.
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan. To learn more about positions at Sabre please visit us on the web at http://www.sabresystems.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled