Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Position: Front End Designer
Location: Arlington, VA
Equate Analytics is seeking a web front-end designer and user experience specialist to join our fast growing team or marketers, developers, and analysts in conceptualizing and building web businesses.
Since we’re a small company who wears many hats, the ideal candidate would be someone who marries solid technical back-end skills with incredible front-end design intuition, but our focus is on the latter.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- This is a developer/designer position which involves building websites and HTML emails for new and growing online businesses.
- Strong proficiency in HTML(5) and CSS(3). You’ll need to have worked with and/or understand the concepts of a web applications framework such as Ruby on Rails.
- The ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite, along with a strong understanding of graphic design concepts and how they apply to the web.
- Experience using both of the above and a portfolio to show for it.
- Experience developing for the mobile web.
- Advanced knowledge in a specialty area: web typography, accessibility, JQuery, color palettes, etc.
ABOUT EQUATE ANALYTICS:
- We’re a tech company in the healthcare space based in Northern VA that’s part of a larger incubator.
- We employ a data-driven, analytical approach to create profitable web businesses.
- Everyone on the team plays a key role. No over-bearing hierarchy and direct contribution to building a business from the ground up.
- Our work is challenging and fast-paced; our work environment is fun and supportive.
- Our company is founded by established executives who are personally engaged in the business. This means “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, plus an equity share that actually means something.
- We work hard but our employees have lives outside of work.
- Willingness to travel as much on a regular basis.