Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Chemistry Department
- Geospatial Science
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Department of Information Technology
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Department of Physics
- GIS Center
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Forensic Science Institute
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
FoxGuard Solutions develops customized cyber security, compliance, and industrial computing solutions. As a leading operational technology company we deliver reliable, secure and configurable solutions that include:
CYBER SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE SOLUTIONS:
FoxGuard provides several cyber security solutions, including Patch & Update Management Services, including asset analysis and monthly patch reporting, Security Services, Hardware/Software Solutions and Field Services.
INDUSTRIAL COMPUTING SOLUTIONS:
Turnkey computing solutions for mission-critical applications designed to fit a customer's intended use, expected life-cycle and desired price point. In addition to providing hardware platforms, we provide a host of value-added services that truly make our computer products 'plug and play' ready.
FoxGuard Solutions is looking for the next member of our software development team. We are looking for craftsmen: people who believe passionately, as we do, in the discovery and continuous improvement of a “right way” to do software development.
As a software engineer at FoxGuard Solutions, you will work in a high-energy team on projects your team owns. You will grapple with problems vital to US national security, hone your software development skillset, and participate in an agile process. You will create great software and direct the process by which you create it. A passion and a craftsman’s dedication for all aspects of software development is a must.
FoxGuard focuses on computing and software products which are “built for security.” Software Engineers at FoxGuard will work to support a number of projects including manufacturing, validation, and our Patch and Update Management Program (PUMP), funded as a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of Energy. For additional information on our products and offerings, visit foxguardsolutios.com or the PUMP program landing page at http://www.icsupdate.com.
Job requirements for this position include (but are not limited to):
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, etc. or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with Object Oriented development (C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in a close-knit team environment
- DevOps experience
- Continuous integration/deployment experience
- SOLID, Clean Code, and TDD experience
Enterprise Systems Administrator
Are you one of those rare individuals who walks the fine line between the business and tech world? Do you understand the amount of information it takes to run a business, and have the desire to put that knowledge into the right hands? Would you like to play a critical role in supporting a company dedicated to protecting critical infrastructure around the world?
We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated IT professional with prior experience working on enterprise software solutions like ERP and CRM. The right candidate would be part DBA, part systems administrator, part business partner, and part visionary. Yes, that’s a lot of parts but this is an important position and we want to make sure you know what you’re in for!
You would be working on an internal applications team dedicated to delivering the right tools into the right hands to keep the business running smoothly. A potent combination of Scribe and several custom applications are used to tie GP (our ERP of choice) to Microsoft CRM, and these could all use a bit of TLC. Do you think you’re the right candidate for the job?
Our top prospect will bring the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of related experience; or high school diploma and a minimum of five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires working knowledge of critical technology concepts, including ERP and CRM solutions, relational databases, data warehousing, information security, and automation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with specific knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Dynamics CRM, Scribe, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Professional technology or information security certification(s) such as MCITP, MCDBA, MCTS, or Security+ would be preferred.
- Software development experience in an Agile environment would be a bonus!
FoxGuard Solutions has an ongoing search for a full-time Systems Engineer within its Industrial Computing Lab in Christiansburg, VA. As a Systems Engineer for FoxGuard Solutions, you will act as technical lead on new projects - responsible for designing, building, testing, and researching industrial computer systems.
We are looking for a highly motivated, solution-oriented individual who is passionate about technology, problem solving, and is up to the challenge of delivering innovative solutions in the Energy and Marine markets.
- Serve as technical lead on new Industrial Computing projects as assigned by Lead Engineer.
- Maintain communication and tracking of all activities and progress with appropriate teams. Use effective project management skills to complete projects in a timely, efficient, and productive manner.
- Work closely with Sales and Customers to gather and analyze requirements for new opportunities.
- Research and specify hardware, software and other technologies based on given requirements; considering performance, environmental conditions, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Work with outside manufacturers and vendors to provide solutions for specific problems encountered with products and components.
- Collaborate with Engineering Specialists to prepare electrical and mechanical designs as needed.
- Build prototype systems for lab validation, customer evaluation, and regulatory testing.
- Prepare technical documentation of build procedures used to aid with transition to Fulfillment Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Test peripherals and system components with the complete computer system and software they will be shipped with to ensure compatibility.
- Evaluate, test and qualify hardware and software and prepare technical reports detailing results.
- Assist with regulatory and compliance testing of computer hardware at third-party test labs.
RESEARCH & SUPPORT
- Act as escalation point for the Fulfillment Engineering team.
- Assist with training of new hires and other teams when appropriate or requested by Lead Engineer.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to members of the organization and customers.
- Author blogs articles and white papers on technical subjects.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering from accredited four-year college or university and two years of experience, or six years of related engineering experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience building and troubleshooting industrial computing hardware and software
- Experience with various Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
- Soldering, PCB manufacturing, Cable and Wire-Harness experience a plus
- SolidWorks, Eagle, and/or OrCAD experience a plus
- Experience working in Marine and/or Energy markets
- Required (within first six month of hire): CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Microsoft MCP Certification.
- Preferred: Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCTS on mainstream server operating system.
Associate Information System Engineer
Is it all about the solution, for you? Would you like to provide solutions for others by imagining, building, and then supporting those solutions? Would you like to opportunity to provide some of these solutions internationally?
Could you be the next Associate Information Systems Engineer that we are looking for? We are looking for a highly motivated, solution and detail oriented individual who is passionate about technology, problem solving, and is up to the challenge of building and supporting solutions in the Energy and Marine markets.
This team is passionate about work, but also makes time for play. We work together and support one another to provide solutions for our customers.
This position is what you make it- and the sky’s the limit. For starters, you’ll be responsible for assisting Information Systems Engineers on developing custom solution offerings as needed to support customer requirements. Once built, you may be responsible for staging and inspecting items processed by our Production Team. After its field installation, your item will need your support which may sometimes be provided via telephone, webinar, or on-site travel!
Our top prospect will bring the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of one year of related experience; high school diploma or GED and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a strong working knowledge of information technology hardware, software, networking, and other infrastructure products and technologies.
- CompTIA Security+ certification required, or a willingness to complete and acquire it.
- CompTIA Network+ certification required, or a willingness to complete and acquire it.
- CompTIA A+ certification required, or a willingness to complete and acquire it.
- Cisco CCNA certification preferred.