Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Information Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
Corvesta, Inc. is the parent holding company for a family of companies dedicated to advancing oral health through scientific research, technology, and benefits and practice management. OneMind Health, Revolv, and Corvesta Life Insurance Company are among the wholly owned subsidiaries of Corvesta, Inc. Corvesta also fulfills its mission through a variety of strategic partnerships and investments, including Encara, C3 Jian, Inc. and Healthentic, Inc. Corvesta is a non-stock, non-profit holding corporation.
Software Delivery Manager
The Software Delivery Manager is responsible for leading the technical development and delivery of product lines and vendor tool enhancements within Corvesta. This position will be responsible for software development related activities across a range of technologies including service and web development. Additionally, this position will be responsible for software deployments in support of our core processing system and SaaS/ASP products. This position will also be responsible for insuring support and maintenance of the supported products including the oversight of patch and small maintenance releases. This position will work on a variety of projects including working on all system enhancements, implementing architectural changes, optimizing the security and performance testing processes and working with other internal business partners in deploying solutions.
Collaborating closely with the Product Owner, Architects, Business Unit partners, remote development teams, project leadership, and direct reports, the Software Delivery manager will ensure that the development team executes an organized, disciplined, and systematic approach to the delivery and support of our core processing system and SaaS/ASP services. This Manager will ensure that the timeliness, quality, and costs around the team's efforts and work products are managed within the expectations for products/services in the organization.
Scope of responsibility will include management of software engineering and software development processes. This responsibility will include the advocacy and institution of continuous integration and build processes, as well as the adoption, definition and adherence to strategic technical directions and standards, and long-term technical asset management. This responsibility will also include planning, estimating, task assignment/coordination/management and resource management.
- Oversee, lead, and monitor related technical development and deployment activity for a Development team.
- Deliver error-free, efficient services/components/applications that have passed rigorous testing procedures.
- Meet/exceed product development quality, timeline, and budget goals, coordinating with interdependent functional areas as needed.
- Ensure sound product development discipline and execution including code management and disciplined waterfall/Agile process adoption.
- Manage and organize best in class support processes.
- Establish, adopt, and enhance (as needed) effective processes, practices, tools and standards for development, delivery, and communication.
- Communicate with leadership regarding progress against plans, issues, and needs.
- Work with business unit and software architects to leverage targeted technologies, processes, standards, methodologies, and applications.
- Determine roles, responsibilities, staffing needs within the team, in order to best support the organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsible and accountable to hire, train, lead, motivate, coach, and manage (as necessary) a high-performing team.
- Ensure optimum/efficient utilization of resources.
- Assist peer functional area managers and project leadership to plan and establish product and project goals, development strategies, and plans.
- Coordinate software development efforts with offshore partners, third party vendors, and/or with third party vendor products.
- Identify and implement software development tools and processes that lead to quantifiable efficient, quality gains, and delivery timelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The Software Delivery Manager will be recognizable as a leader, with a working foundation/experience in services based Software Development. This Manager should have an intimate understanding of various project management processes, possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and able to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of stakeholders.
- High transaction web and service development experience preferred.
- Experience in a .NET environment with both client side and web implementation is preferred.
- Insurance services experience preferred.
- PMP/Scrum Master experience is a plus.
- Strong results orientation with demonstrated track record of success.
- Excellent knowledge and background in the definition, design, construction, and testing of software applications, services, processes, and build/release management.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and to be able to make good judgment when faced with trade-offs.
- Experience working with remote development teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent engineering or technical disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years related development experience, participating in the full-SDLC, in increasingly demanding technical leadership roles.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing software development teams. Proven records of delivery success.
- Demonstrated experience leading people and getting results through others.
- Ability to think and plan strategically for organizational success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Use of hands is required for such technological devices such as a computer, telephone, blackberry and others. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to travel (sometimes long distances) to attend required meetings.
- Work environment: The work is limited to the office environment with occasional trips to other office facilities or locations necessitating walking outdoors or driving. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.