Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Information Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
Entry-Level Applications Developers Big Data - Campus Recruiting
CGI is seeking current students who anticipate graduating from college at the end of the 2015-2016 academic year, interested in careers in the Information Technology field. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career!
Our Entry-Level Applications Developers – Big Data typically have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, Data exploration and excellent interpersonal skills. Applications Developers will be placed on one of our many projects and could be doing a number of different tasks.
What you’ll need:
- Recent graduates or will graduate from a 4-year institution by May 2016
- Academic background in Management Information Systems, computer science, computer engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content
- Experience with one of the programming languages: C, C++, J2EE, Java, Python, Perl development
- Experience/Knowledge/Course work related to Big Data/No SQL technologies such as Hadoop
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work within a team environment
- 3.0 GPA is preferred
- Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
- Will work on latest technologies in the industry such as big data and visualization tools
- Systems design- Analysis of a system’s requirements to create a design, system components and a working model.
- Systems and applications development- Conversion of information from design specifications to programming code. Writing specific programs by analyzing workflow charts and diagrams and applying knowledge of computer capabilities to satisfy system requirements.
- Data design and database administration- Analysis, classification and maintenance of an organization’s data and data relationships. Developing data models necessary to support a system’s functions and operations. Defining and maintaining data security and integrity.
What you’ll gain:
- Involvement in the technical components of a client project
- Exposure to business issues and challenges
- Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.