Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Job Title: Systems Development Intern
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: No (but may forward some candidates for targeted clearances at 1901 Group discretion)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
The Systems Development Intern will work with 1901 Group’s highly experienced Engineering and Operations Teams to develop automation and data analytics software for enterprise-scale Cloud, Datacenter, and IT Management tooling. The Intern will perform analysis and design, development, testing, and Production release of sophisticated automation and predictive analytics platforms. Typical projects include developing automated IT management software in the AWS Cloud, writing analytics code for proactive and predictive systems monitoring, API-integration with major industry COTS tools to derive IT management data, and writing code to automate manual IT Operations processes.
- Work within an Agile SCRUM framework to integrate into ongoing development efforts.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to design software functions and systems to meet automation and analytics requirements.
- Write Proof of Concept and Production-ready code according to approved designs.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential automation and analytics solutions by evaluating new technologies, tools, and approaches.
- Assist in troubleshooting and debugging existing and new automation and analytics systems.
- Contribute to team “brainstorming” sessions with automation and analytics ideas toward efficiency and cost reduction.
- Software Development Experience: One or more years of experience developing and deploying custom software application systems in the context of university for-credit courses or commercial work.
- Experience with systems design, system analysis, operating systems and back-end databases in the context of university for-credit courses or commercial work.
- Ability to perform software troubleshooting and resolve operational issues.
- Basic understanding of application and software development security principles.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Some experience with Agile software development and associated tools.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking accredited university technical program including Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology,
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent. Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher.