Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
Systems Development Intern
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: No (but may forward some candidates for targeted clearances at 1901 Group discretion)
The Systems Development Intern will be part of a strategically important area of our business and will work with a team of developers and system integrators maintaining 1901 Group services and customer applications. This position offers exposure to leading edge technologies and high availability systems infrastructure with growth and advancement potential into increasing levels of leadership and responsibilities.
- Develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participates in development of software user documentation.
- Software Development Experience: One or more years of experience developing and deploying custom software application systems in the context of university for-credit courses or commercial work.
- Experience with systems design, system analysis, operating systems and back-end databases in the context of university for-credit courses or commercial work.
- Ability to perform software troubleshooting and resolve operational issues.
- Ability to understand and apply network security principles in code and software deployment.
- Knowledge of application security.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Some experience with Agile software development and associated tools.
Service Desk Intern
Location: Reston, VA
The purpose of the job is to work with 1901 Group’s Service Desk in support of our Federal Government and commercial customers by being the first point of contact for IT related issues. Additionally, our interns will be given first-hand experience with a professional service desk and understand the layers of a multi-level infrastructure support team. This role is an internship opportunity and will only offer 20 hours per week.
- Answer customer calls reporting service changes and outages
- Complete password/PIN resets
- Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
- Create/Update tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties
- 1+ years of related and progressive experience
- Previous customer service support experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to apply logical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Basic Operating Systems knowledge: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Server knowledge: Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2012
Minimum Education Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Compensation: $15/hour, 20 hours per week