Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Chemistry Department
- Geospatial Science
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Department of Information Technology
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Department of Physics
- GIS Center
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Forensic Science Institute
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
The Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science at Radford University Carilion prepares students with a solid scientific foundation essential for an understanding of human health and disease. The program is the first step in preparing for medical school, physician assistant programs, dental school, pharmacy school and other professional schools.
For the student who desires to further their education through graduate studies, the program provides a strong background in the disciplines of biology, chemistry, and physiology.
What makes this program different?
- Carilion Clinic. As a student at Radford University Carilion, you will be part of a healthcare clinic that employs nearly 14,000 healthcare professionals and has facilities that span over 200 miles. You will have access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, national leaders in all areas of healthcare practice and administration.
- Articulation Agreement. The program has an agreement with the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine to consider acceptance of up to five Radford University Carilion Biomedical Sciences students per year through an Early Acceptance Program.
- Personal Attention and Networking. Immediate access to highly engaged, hands-on faculty. Our students regularly attend regional and national and international conferences and develop strong professional networks while they are still students.
- Interprofessionalism. We provide our students with opportunities to interact and learn beside a broad range of healthcare providers, so they’re prepared to collaborate across specialties from the start of their careers.
Once you graduate, you will have the ability to utilize your degree in many meaningful ways:
- Medical School
- Physicians Assistant Programs
- Ph.D. programs in Biology and Biochemistry
- Medical Research
- HealthCare related marketing and sales
Fifteen (15) of the 30 fastest growing professions according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2016) are within the healthcare industry. A degree in health sciences will prepare you generally to explore how you might fit into one of this fast-growing sector of the economy. Your career outlook will be bright, and you will be prepared to explore how you will best fit into the delivery of first-rate healthcare.
This program is designed for new students directly from high school or for students transferring from another college or university. It is an entry level bachelor’s degree program, and you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree with which you may choose to enter the workforce or pursue advanced coursework and/or academic degrees.
Radford University Carilion is authorized by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to offer postsecondary education in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Radford University Carilion is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate, Baccalaureate, Masters and Doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Radford University Carilion.