Davis College of Business and Economics Academic Advising
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Fall 2020 Advising - We're Here for You
Advising Services - Fall 2020
In order to ensure your personal safety and provide you the resources you need to be successful, the Advising Center in the Davis College of Business & Economics will be providing you with multiple points of access to include:
- Virtual Office Hours: We will have virtual office hours each day for your convenience. You can access us virtually Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. by visiting us in our online advising room at https://radford.zoom.us/s/99024682254. If an Advisor is working with another student, you will be put in a waiting room. We will use breakout rooms when meeting with you to ensure your confidentiality. Accessing us via Zoom is the quickest way to receive assistance.
- Phone: Our phone number is 540-831-5074. If you receive our voice mail, please leave us a message and number for us to contact you. We will call you back as quickly as possible. Any calls received Monday - Friday between 8:00 - 4:00 p.m. will be returned the same day.
- Email: For assistance, email us at email@example.com. You can also email your advisor directly. If you are unsure who is your assigned advisor, you will find this listed on your Degree Audit (under Academics on MyRU). You can find your advisor's email address on the Davis College Directory. You can also email any of the College advisors directly:
- In Person: Our office will be open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 11:45 a.am. and 1 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. To ensure physical distancing is maintained, you will entet the Advising Center at 240 Kyle Hall (the Career Center entrance next to the bottom of the stairs in the lobby area on the second floor). Our normal main entrance at 244 Kyle Hall will be used as an exit only. Per University guidelines, a mask is required when you enter the Advising - we will be wearing our masks as well - that way, we can protect you and you can protent us. We will limit access to one student at the reception desk at a tie to ensure your safety. If you do need to wait, please do so in the lobby and maintain all physical distacing guidelines.
The drop down items below will help guide you through getting support for common questions and concerns we see in the Davis College Advising Office. If you are currently a Davis College of Business & Economics major you will also have access to the Advising D2L page for additional resources.
All appointments must be scheduled via email.
- This will allow you to choose the day/time that works with your schedule.
- You can schedule an appointment for Zoom, telephone or in person - whatever works best for you. If you schedule a Zoomappointment, we will email you a link to access your appointment.
This can be done electronically - please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please be sure to icnlude: your name, RU ID number, and the specific change requested. Also, include any questions you may have regarding this change.
Fall 2020 Graduates: If you have not already done so, Fall graduation applications are due no later than August 26th. Visit our Graduation Requirements webpage at: https://www.radford.edu/content/cobe/cobe-advising/graduation-forms.html. After August 26th, you must email Melanie Butler at email@example.com.
Spring/Summer 2021 Graduates: Graduation application information coming soon.
Login to MyRU. Go to the Academics Icon and then open your degree audit. Your advisor will be listed there.
Click their name to populate an email.
If you are now with a faculty advisor, please email them for information on scheduling your advising appointment.
Any questions about how decisions will impact your financial aid, or clarification about your financial aid package, should be directed to the Financial Aid office. Contact information can be found here: https://www.radford.edu/content/financial-aid/home.html
Visit the reopening Radford University site - there is a dropdown menu with updates