College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Laura Newsome
Dr. Newsome completed her doctorate at Virginia Tech in the area of clinical exercise physiology. Her dissertation research was in the area of examining the genetic predispositions to chronic diseases such as sleep apnea, and cardiovascular disease. She received her bachelor's degree in kinesiology from the University of Waterloo, in Canada and her master's degree in exercise physiology from Wake Forest University with a focus in cardiopulmonary health and rehabilitation.
Newsome is a certified Clinical Exercise Specialist by American College of Sport Medicine and has worked as a clinical cardiopulmonary therapist at Cape Fear Valley Health System in Fayetteville, N.C. for three years. Currently, she is teaching Exercise Physiology (ESHE 392) and Assessment and Prescription in (ESHE 396).