College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Jerry Beasley
A member of the prestigious Black Belt magazine Hall of Fame, Dr. Jerry Beasley, 9th Dan, has earned the martial arts world’s highest distinction. Black Belt recognized him as "America’s foremost martial arts educator." Kick Illustrated magazine called him "the published authority on American Karate."
Beasley graduated from Virginia Tech with a doctorate in Education Administration. He received the 1998 Distinguished Alumni Award from Virginia Tech’s Department of Sociology and is a three-time recipient of Radford University’s College of Education and Human Development Outstanding Scholarly Activity Award.
Beasley's books have included Mastering Karate (Human Kinetics), High-Risk Sparring (Beckett) and Dojo Dynamics: Essentials Marketing Principles for Martial Arts Schools (Black Belt Books). In addition to the martial arts and fitness club management expertise, he brings to the university, Dr. Beasley has served as the commercial fitness advisor and coordinator for the ESHE Fieldwork program since 1988.